9.08.2009

The Challenge...

So I have been overindulging majorly this last week on my favorite ever junk food...cookies. I make them with every intention of giving them away, then I don't. I eat them. I am pretty sure I am related to the Cookie Monster somehow...
After about 5 more pounds added because of said cookies and other bits of sugary junk food, I've realized I am the most unhealthy I have ever been in my life. And I don't like it, at all.

So in comes the challenge. I am swearing off sugar. Ouch. Did I just type that? The fact that I want to delete this post entirely right now probably means that I need to keep it up. I feel I am just way too addicted to sugar.


I am also going to do my best to do some form of exercise 5 days a week, whether it's running, or pilates, or weight lifting, etc.

So friends, I am going to be blogging my journey in hopes that you all hold me accountable. I am going to write every day about my progress and I am just going to take it a day at a time.

Now before you think I am doing this just to be "skinny," and before I forget why I want to nix my favorite thing ever, I am going to post some of the reasons why I want to do this and be healthy:

1. Healthy me = healthier babies (no, not pregnant yet, but when I do get pregnant...)
2. More energy
3. More athletic
4. Stress reliever
5. Less health problems
6. Higher self-esteem
7. Healthier skin
8. Increased wardrobe (I have a large amount of clothes that I can't fit into anymore, it would
save me the money of having to go out and buy new clothes)
9. Less money spent on junk food
10. Sleep better
11. Get more creative in my cooking
12. Obeying the Word of Wisdom

I will be reporting later tonight on Day 1, which is today.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Shawnel said...

I say GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you figure out how to accomplish that one. I have been able to limit my sugar before but never eliminate it. I like it too much. Like today from Winco I bought a whole bunch of Hot Tamales. Not to mention the the bite sized hershey bars!

Hemsley5 said...

You go girl - and I know you can do it because you have done it before and I think you are crazy but we still love you.

Amy said...

does this mean no coffee cake for you tomorrow morning?! I'll be joining you in a similar crusade in about two months...I'm sure you'll do great.

Robin Lamb said...

you've got it girl! and i can't wait to get back to the gym with you too!