9.10.2009

Day 3...

Today was a good day.

1. I resisted the most amount of sugar out of my 3 days off sugar.
2. I saw my friend's new baby girl.
3. I saw my other friend's new baby boy (both absolutely adorable).
4. I got to hang out with some friends this morning while we celebrated a birthday.
5. I got to hang out with some great Relief Society Sisters at an activity tonight.

My greatest sugar victory today? I made banana chocolate chip muffins (absolutely adore these) and I didn't eat one or even lick any of the batter, and gave them all away.

Hard part? Waking up with an echo of last night's headache and a bout of dizziness. Refusing what looked like the most amazingly delicious coffee cake ever. Experiencing a minor headache all day long. And last of all, going to Costco and not being able to take some samples and not being able to get what I thought would be a safe sugar-free snack: my dried blueberries. (When I say I am abstaining from sugar, that is not including sugar found in fruit and natural sugar in other things...I couldn't live like that.)

But, I look back on all of this, with my dull headache as a constant reminder, and think, "I did it. Again."

And I can do it tomorrow.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Ok-you really are amazing! I
didn't even realize you didn't eat any cake this morning...way to go! You are doing such a good job:)

Kirstin said...

Keep it up Jessica! I went off sugar for a year when I was in college and I never felt better! It was awesome! The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me. (Sorry, I know that sounds like a long time...) But after that, my addiction subsided and to be honest I didn't WANT sugar. I did a complete 180 and it was no trouble saying "no" to each and every candy and sweet. So, hopefully that is some consolation that IT DOES GET EASIER!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Thanks for the "light at the end of the tunnel" Kirstin! It's nice knowing that it will get easier if I just stick with it! :)

Amy said...

You are awesome! It does get easier every day, so you're setting up great habits.

Robin Lamb said...

good work! it does get easier! and it is good for you and future babies! they will thank you for that! plus it will set a great example for them!