Today my son is one week and one day old. Can it have already been one week?? It seems like he's been in my life forever, but it also seems like just yesterday that he came into the world.
A few updates since last week:
- Jake sleeps through the night. We have to wake him up sometimes to feed him. Best baby in the world?? Yes.
- He had his first sponge bath and did not like it. Hopefully he will like bath time better when he can have a real bath once his cord falls off.
- He can imitate my facial expressions. We sit after he's done eating and I make different faces, my favorite being my lips in an "O" shape, and he will do it too. It's my favorite game.
- I'm starting to teach him sign. I am teaching him "Mom," "Dad," and "Milk."
- Other than sleeping, he eats, pees, poops, and gets the hiccups.
That's about it. Not much that he does other than that, but my days are filled to the brim with the best smiles, expressions, and sounds in the world. I could stare at him all day, and I do.
Also, today is my 3 year anniversary. 3 years ago today I was sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend. These have been the best 3 years of my life. I fall more in love with J every day. Especially now that we have a child who is sealed to us forever. I watch J hold Jake and play with him and smile at every little thing he does and it makes my heart melt. He is the best man in the world and I can't believe he's mine. What a way to kick off our fourth year, huh? Can't wait for the rest of forever with you. I know I can face anything with you by my side. You are my rock and my strength. J, I will love you forever.