9.21.2009

2 Weeks...

Today marks the two week day of no sugar! It's a good day. I feel like I've accomplished something huge.

I made cookies for someone the other day. I made cocoa cookies, and for those of you who don't know what they are, well, I feel sorry for you. Sorry enough to endure making several batches of the most delicious cookies (that I can't eat) just so you can try some. Anyways, while I was making these cookies, wishing I could even lick the batter off the spoon, I got a headache! My body was totally telling me, "NO!!! Don't do it!" And it felt SO GOOD to listen to my body for once, and it felt great to say no. I never thought I had the power to say that word, but I guess I do.

I read a great book the other day. It's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and it's about the German Occupation on the island of Guernsey which is an island in the English Channel. I am not going to do a whole synopsis, just read it, because you won't regret it. The part I am going to focus on is the fact that mostly the entire book is written in letters to and from the characters in the book.

This inspired me to want to begin writing letters.


Letters seem so personal. It's says to me, "I took the time to sit down and write to you and I thought carefully about what I was going to write and I wrote it in my best penmanship for you." I love it. Eleanor Roosevelt would set aside a certain amount of time every morning for letter writing. It seems so classy, so elegant. I made the decision that I am going to start writing letters. I am going to save up for some stationary and pretty little envelopes, but I am going to start writing without all of that anyways. If you would like to be one of those people I write to, please e-mail me your address and I will begin. Even if you live in the neighborhood, it doesn't matter, I will write. I love getting things other than bills in the mail. It brightens up my day, so maybe I can help brighten someone else's day by writing them.

No comments: