9.19.2009

The Longing...

I have a deep longing, a hopeless yearning to be surrounded by the drifting leaves and the bright colors that signify Autumn. I sound like I am missing a loved one, and I am. Montana is a loved one. I have an eternal connection with her, and can't help but think that the Celestial Kingdom will have a lot of similarities with her (far more beautiful of course, but more like Montana "Celestial-ized" rather than a whole new place). Montana is the closest to Heaven you can get I believe. I feel a oneness with myself enveloped by the beauty of nature that surrounds me there. Everywhere I look, God's mercy and graciousness is manifested. The majestic mountains that provide protection, standing as sentinels. Wondrous giants of stone. The trees that lean back and forth with the wind, teaching me to work with what life gives me, to always be flexible and movable with whatever situations arise. The serenity of the lakes, posing as glass and then suddenly, a ripple, indicating to me that life is affected by even the tiniest action.

I grew up there. I suffered there. I gained there, and I lost greatly there. I became a woman there. I met the love of my forever there who thankfully has this same connection.

I long for the day when I can return for good to my dear friend. I shall say, "Montana I am here, and I feel complete." And she shall say, "Hello old friend, I've missed you greatly." I love everyone in Arizona, and it will hurt me to be parted with my dear friends here, but Montana is calling, and she is very persuasive.

2 comments:

Shawnel said...

AMEN!!

Amy said...

My best friend is a Montana girl & I went to visit her family up there once. You really can't help but fall in love. I can't imagine actually growing up in a place so beautiful! Don't blame you for wanting to go back..