9.07.2010

Turn Around...

Pretty much all last night beginning at around 8 I had contractions. They were pretty sporadic and not the gnarly, painful ones so I didn't time them or anything. I got really excited though thinking that even if this didn't bring on the "big show" it would at least move things along in the right direction.

Mom and I went to my appointment with my midwife, Janice, this morning where she checked me out. I am only 2-3 cm dilated and about the same effaced. I almost started crying. I know I still haven't gotten to my due date, but after all these signs I was just expecting much, much more. I started slipping into my discouraged, depressed, "I want my baby now" state and was talking to Mom about it. We decided that instead of stressing out about it (which would only make things worse) we would just have fun and enjoy the time together. We know that we got our answer that she was supposed to come. Why? We don't know yet, but Heavenly Father knows and we are trying to continue to exercise that faith and not doubt. I also thought how sad would it be to have this wonderfully awesome pregnancy and spend the last little bit of it depressed about how he hasn't made his appearance yet. So instead of moping about and going to bed every night thinking, "This is the night," I am just going to put it all in the Lord's hands and trust in His timing. He knows what's best, and I can handle waiting for the perfect time for my little guy to come.

3 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

Good thoughts. Enjoy your time with your mother.

Momma Dianna said...

Is your midwife Janice Bovee by chance? If she is, she is just wonderful! She delivered my last baby and we are enjoying having her again this pregnancy. Have you considered having her strip your membranes? My sister was just in your same situation, same dilation, got stripped and had her baby that same night. Hope he comes soon for you, hang in there :)

Jessica said...

Hey Dianna! It is Janice Bovee and we absolutely love her! She said if my cervix had been a little more soft and if she could've felt my bag of water she would've messed around with it, but since neither of those happened she didn't want to mess with it. So excited for you again by the way! :)