9.03.2010

And Then Again...

Maybe not.

Nothing. Not a single contraction. How does that happen? Frustration and massive impatience is setting in. And I blame it on J.

He is building the crib...which is amazing. Truly, I am so excited for it. But Jason keeps telling the baby that he can't come till it's done. I said, "J. The baby isn't going to sleep in the crib for the first little while anyways." And J said, "Yeah, but I don't want to be working on the crib once he is born. I'm going to want to be around him." Understandable. Good point. Sweet even...kinda melted my heart a bit. But...I'm selfish. And waddling...a LOT. I want this baby in my arms and I want him now.

I woke up and told J that I hadn't felt anything last night and he laughed and said, "I know! (insert typical J giggle here.)" So I replied, "You didn't know. And what's so funny?" To which he replies, "I Jedi-mind tricked him into staying in there 'til the crib was done." What a turd.

I told my mom about my lack of contractions, etc. and she and I decided that she isn't coming tonight and she is just going to wait until the baby comes. I am really sad now. I got the guest room ready yesterday and I thought about being able to pick my mom up from the airport (if I wasn't in labor) and I was so excited. And I thought about having her at the hospital with me and about her being able to see her first grandchild brought into this world. How awesome would that be??

I should stop whining. I know it's all on Heavenly Father's timing whether J Jedi-mind tricks our baby or not. So I just keep praying really, really hard that Heavenly Father's timing might coincide with mine...just this once. I'm guessing that my lack of contractions and anything really for the matter was a solid, "No." I'm also pretty sure that the fact that it's LABOR Day weekend is kind of a cruel joke if I come out of it with my baby still in utero.

2 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

Oh Jessica, it WILL happen! And from the sounds of it...soon. I was only a little bit more dilated than you were at your appointment when I went to the hospital in labor with Van. And I didn't start having strong contractions until the night before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. PLEASE let me know if you need anything. Good luck!

Kirstin said...

I know how frustrating it can be to just wait and wait. ESPECIALLY when you are feeling so uncomfortable. So, as cliche as it may sound, I have a suggestion: Why not enjoy these next few days with just Jason. Go to the movies. Go out on a date. Get some sleep, and whatever. :) All of these things and many others are going to seem difficult once that little babe is attached to your side 24/7. Your life is about to change drastically (for the best of course), so why not say goodbye to this stage of your life with some nice moments of pure Jason?? :) At least it'll keep you occupied until the baby finally decides to make an appearance. Just a thought. Heehee.