9.10.2010

Asking Nicely...

I am not a person that likes to be told what to do. I am a pretty independent person that likes to explore and figure out how to do things on my own...unless I ask you for help. I don't like it when people try to boss me (probably because I can be such a boss...just ask J, and my mom for that matter). I don't like it when people tell me there is a better way. I won't outright be rude about it, but if you ever tell me to do something a different way, don't be offended if I ignore you and decide to try it my own way...even if it is wrong and I will have to do it over again. It's not you. It's just how I am.

This whole past week we've been talking to the baby to try and get him to come out. But, this morning I realized we had been telling him to come out. Telling him it was time. I sat and thought about it and I realized, I probably have a stubborn little independent boy on my hands...just like his mom. So while he and I were waiting in the truck this morning for Mom to come out of the store I had a talk with him. I asked him very sweetly, "Please, baby. Please come out and see me soon?" Then I thought, maybe he might be a little frightened. Squeezing out a baby out of a relatively tiny hole probably is just as frightening to him as it is to me. So I reassured him that he and I would be going through this together. I would be doing it right there with him. And his dad would be there to help...and, if he so chooses to come while she is here, his grandma would be there to help too. I told him about all of the wonderful family and friends we have that love him so much already and can't wait to meet him (especially his Aunt Janessa).

Hopefully I got through to the little guy. Mom has been here one week and we have one week to go. No pressure. We tried figuring out what to do today, but all the ideas we came up with were too uncomfortable for me...I'm getting big (OK...I'm the size of a house...but it's getting to be a little more on the unmanageable side). So we told the baby we were really bored, and we needed him to come and play with us...or just sleep while we watch him. Pretty sure we'll take hours of our days doing that.

No comments: