9.05.2010

Tender Mercies

My last post, I was pretty down and out. I was really upset that my mom wasn't going to be able to be here for the delivery and I was just not feeling good about anything.

I talked to my mom later again that day and she said she really felt she should come down. The whole problem was she can only stay for two weeks because of work. If she came too soon, and the baby didn't come, she may not have enough time, if any time at all, with the baby. So we talked some more and we decided that we hadn't really been praying about what we should do the right way. We had just been asking Heavenly Father what we should do, not making a decision and taking it to Him. So we decided that she would come that night, and then we would take our decision to Heavenly Father and see how we felt. Immediately after I talked to her on the phone, I went and knelt by my bed and prayed. After I was done praying, I stayed there for a little while and just waited to see how I felt. Immediately I felt peace and the phrase, "Wherefore did you doubt?" came into my mind. I knew I had gotten my answer before that she should come, but I let the doubts creep in. After I was done, I went to the bathroom and I lost my plug. It felt like a total reassurance that Mom was supposed to come and that this was our answer from Heavenly Father. I called her and before I even told her what happened she said, "I feel really strongly that I should come." I told her what happened and it just made me so grateful for answers to prayers. Another reassurance that our Father in Heaven loves us and watches out for us.

I am not saying that I am going to go into labor today or tomorrow...that is still obviously in the Lord's hands, but I know that my mom was supposed to come on Friday. It's been great having her here. Yesterday we went and ran errands and got a lot of stuff done...and walked, well, waddled to try and help move things along. Today I had this insane urge to clean my entire house. It was just not clean enough. Mom helped a ton, and after we were done, we cleaned the truck (which was in dire need). Not exactly good Sabbath day activities, but I had to do it (nesting right?). Not only has she helped me check things off my list, but it's been great just being able to talk and have fun with her. J has been working crazily trying to get the crib done and everything else he has to do on his list, among those things are building a new computer, which has taken up a lot of his time when he isn't working on the crib. We haven't had a lot of time together lately and I understand his desire to get things done so he doesn't have to worry about it when our little guy comes...I've been doing it too. I was starting to get pretty lonely though because I could only do so much, and he would just keep going, and going, and going. It's been a blessing having Mom here for company so J can get his stuff done without me bugging him for attention (which I do quite often).

I am so grateful for family. I am so grateful for answers to prayers and the "tender mercies" of the Lord. With the exception of Friday morning, I've felt like the windows of Heaven have been opened and we have just been in a downpour of blessings. I love having the knowledge I have of the Gospel and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father and the Savior love me and know my needs. Life is just amazing.

2 comments:

Shawnel said...

So good to hear! Like I said Wednesday! I better get the text that says when he comes/is coming.

Momma Dianna said...

:) Strong, faithful girl! Glad you are getting your final preparations done and having fun with your mom. Now that you've had "that" sign, I'm sure he'll be here before you know it. Always came quickly for me when that happened. Sending...labor wishes your way! Good Luck!