9.18.2010

Adjustments...

I am used to waking up at about 7:30 or 8 and listening for the blow dryer to see if my Mom is done getting ready. If I miss that, I would sometimes get a text around 8 asking me if I was up. It would usually be a no, and then I would text, "come talk to me and wake me up." Mom would come in and then we would talk and laugh until I was coherent enough to get up and get ready. After that, we'd go to the store and get Mom a Pepsi and get both of us (and Jason) possibly a doughnut...or cherry turnover...or something really delicious and fattening. Then, we would come home and play Yahtzee (our version because it's so much better). We would try and think of stuff to do that wasn't too far or too uncomfortable. We'd sometimes take a nap. We'd watch "The Ringer" (Jenna, I think we watched that like 10 times...and quoted it all week). We'd go walk around the mall, or go see family and friends, or read. We'd eat (we were really good at that). Sometimes I would have to work, so she would study her seminary lesson. (I've seriously never seen anyone so dedicated in their lesson preparation...these kids are so lucky to have her.)

This morning I woke up at 9. No blow dryer, no text from Mom, and it made me really sad. So I had J come and cuddle with me before I got up. I love him. Now, I am sitting here wondering what I am going to do with myself. J is working and has plans to try and finish the crib today. What will I do? I feel somewhat lost. I miss my Mom. But, I am so grateful that she got to come at all. I got to spend two whole weeks with her, which hasn't happened in a long time and probably won't ever happen with just the two of us again. She is the most amazing woman I know and I just love her to death.

My Dad also loves her to death. She is his reason for being. It sounds dramatic, but really...he is just completely and utterly devoted to her like that...which I love. I didn't think how hard it was on my Dad to have her gone for two weeks. The night before she left I got really sad and I was trying to find some peace in her leaving and the only thing I was able to come up with was that Dad needed her more than I did. I told her to give him a big hug and tell him that the only reason I let her leave and didn't hold her hostage was because of him. Thanks for sharing her with me, Dad. It meant a lot.

Thanks Mom for coming and staying with me for two weeks. You made it so much fun and so relaxed. I am sorry that our little guy didn't come to say hi while you were here, but we just have to get that Skype set up so you and everyone else can see him. Hopefully that will tie you over until November when you can come and hold him in person. I love you, Mom! You are the best.

3 comments:

Simply Sara said...

love love love. cant wait for more! and the nursery post!

Junior Class said...

Hi Baby!
WOW! I love you too and I feel so blessed to have you for my daughter and for the wonderful 2 weeks that we were able to be together!! You are amazing and I am eternally grateful that you and J found each other and that you have such an amazing family!
It is the best and I feel so fortunate to be apart of it!
I love you!!!!!

Junior Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.