8.30.2010

The Drop...

This Saturday morning I woke up feeling even more off balance than usual...and in more pain than usual. I thought to myself, "Maybe he dropped." And then I thought to myself, "He's so low. The only place he could possibly drop would be out!!" Wrong. He dropped. And now, it's near impossible to close my legs together without feeling a lot of pain. J and his sister both noticed a difference in the way I'm carrying him too.

But...despite the pain and the bigger waddle, this has got me super excited. It just means one step closer till I get to hold this little guy in my arms. I've been super impatient lately. One of my best friends, my pregnancy buddy, had her baby last week on Thursday. I got to spend a lengthy amount of time with them in the hospital and when I left, my face was sore from smiling so much! The happiness they radiated just was so contagious and I just couldn't help but imagine what it will be like to be in their shoes. Holding her little baby boy was just amazing. We got to go over to their house on Friday night too and I got to cuddle him for a good chunk of time. O man. The best. I seriously am bursting at the seams with excitement for the day when I can finally hold my baby.

He is moving around a lot more. Probably feeling pretty cramped at this point. I feel bad for the little guy. I keep telling him to come when he's ready (but to be ready sooner rather than later), but J keeps telling him to come when the crib is done. J has been frantically working on it lately trying to catch up from the time we lost during the move. He has a section of rail put together and it looks amazing!!! He said about 10 more hours of work should do it. I can't wait to show everyone the pictures. My husband is awesome. I think I am going to make the crib sheets and attempt a crib skirt and possibly a canopy...not sure about the canopy. Hopefully that will keep me busy enough till he comes. This sitting and waiting business just doesn't fly well with me.

So I'm off to find more projects to do...first one? Mop the floor. The brand new bottle of cranberry juice fell of the counter and splattered all over the floor on Saturday night. I've mopped it 3 times with a regular mop and it's still sticky. So today we are attempting it with a rag. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Shawnel said...

We need a prego picture so we can see!

Shawnel said...

Where is that baby? I'm going crazy over here! I can't take the waiting...

Jessica said...

he he Shawnel! No baby yet...I will definitely keep you posted...you are in my first batch of texts to send when he is born! Be on the look out ;)