8.23.2010

Trip to Montana in July

The allure of Montana in the summer was just too much to resist. We decided we had to go. I am so glad we were able to and it provided for a very crazy next few weeks, but we survived!We got in on Saturday night and spent the next day doing the church and family dinner thing. Monday we went out with my parents to Logan Creek and got in the fr-r-r-eezing water Seriously...I thought the cold would freeze my baby, but it didn't phase him at all. I think he is definitely a Montana boy at heart...or it was the several layers of fat that were protecting him from the cold. It felt SO good. The guys fished and Mom and I ate (how much better could it get, really). Then we went to see a movie and just hung out for the rest of the night.

Tuesday we went to breakfast with my Grandpa, Uncle, and Mom and then we went floating on Flathead River with J's little brother and his friends. Again...fr-r-r-eezing, but enjoyable all the same. We were doing really great and moving at the perfect speed when we came to a fork in the river and got separated from half the group. Then...came the slow spot. I mean way slow...like it took us an hour and half to get around one bend. Not a good thing to happen to a pregnant lady in a not so comfy inner tube. We still hadn't been able to connect up with the other half of the group, so taking that into account and my immense discomfort, we decided to get out on the side, find a road, and call for a ride. We got out and tried to figure out where we were while trekking through a dirt field to get to the closest road. Soaking wet and walking in dirt makes for really hard walking conditions when you're 7 months pregnant. Then, to top it off, we got attacked by a HUGE swarm of mosquitoes. They ate me alive. For real. I couldn't swat them off fast enough and I couldn't waddle away fast enough (this would've been the best thing to watch for a third party observer). J was getting attacked too and told me to run. Ha. Really? Who did he think he was kidding?? Me? Run? Funny...or not. He ran...and left me to be eaten some more. We finally got to the road where the mosquitoes were still attacking us, but in less numbers. With blood and mosquitoes smeared all over my arms, we walked down the road and called J's parents. Luckily we were able to describe where we were and they came and got us. The next day I surveyed the bite damage and found that it looked like I had chicken pox. The story is funny now, but then. Not so funny.

The next day my Mom and Mom #2 threw me a baby shower with the help of some dear friends of mine (way fun baby shower game girls)! I got SO many cute and wonderful things. My boy definitely has plenty of adorable clothes and blankets. Thanks everyone for making it so awesome (especially you Mom and Terry!). Here are some pictures from the shower:


My beautiful Mom #2

Uncle Mel and Aunt JoAnn (Thanks for taking these pictures Aunt Jo!)

The food table! :)

Butt flap pjs (how awesome), and some cute onesies from my Mom #2

Mo Jo and Linz Pinz (Mo is due in November with her second boy. So excited my little boy will have a cousin his age!)

Grandma Char, Grandma Jewel, Aunt Judy, and Linda

My beautiful Mom

An awesome quilt I got from Sis. Galloway

Thursday I hung out with my Mom some more and Friday we hung out with J's parents! We went to Arts in the Park and looked at all the cool booths. Then we drove by Rebecca Farms to watch the horse jumping competition. We had to be on our way, you see, because we were headed to go see Inception. After the movie, we went to dinner with Taylor (J's little brother) and his girlfriend Mary at Alley Connection and then we went and hung out at the house.

We left Sunday during church and it was so hard to say good bye...I guess it's always hard to say good bye.

We had so much fun though and can't wait to go back with our Baby Boy for Christmas!

No comments: