8.25.2010

All My Bags Are Packed...

But not quite ready to go, if ya know what I mean. He still has a little more time to bake in there I think. Here is the hospital bag and various pillows complete with the last minute packing/reminder list:


I can't believe that I seriously only have about 3 weeks left till d-day and who knows how long till the baby actually decides to come. Could be tomorrow (yikes!)...could be a month or so from now, but wow. My baby is almost here. You know how when you plan and plan for this big vacation, but it doesn't feel like you will really go until you are on the plane flying to your destination? That's how this feels. Even though I know he can't stay in there forever, it just doesn't feel like he will ever come out.

I am still doing great with my pregnancy. I still love it. I waddle, I ache, I swell, I get heartburn frequently now, I feel like my bladder is going to explode at least 10 times a day, and it's totally worth it. I wouldn't trade these 9 months, good and bad for anything...except my baby, which was the original deal to begin with anyways.

I have no idea whether he will come early or late now. In the beginning I was convinced he was going to come late. Toward the middle, my Mom pretty much had me convinced that he would be early (she was early with all three of us kids). Now? No clue. I hope he comes when he is ready (and maybe I hope a little bit that he will be ready earlier than later). The hardest part about waiting right now is that I am SO anxious to see what he looks like! I want to hold him and cuddle him. I want to see his eyes and I want to see if he has his daddy's nose (I think he does). I want to see if he has my little butt chin and I want to see if he has my lips. I am 95% certain he is going to have a big head with lots of thick, dark hair...but the 5% I am unsure about is killing me.

I am a mother. I am going to have a baby. I keep telling myself that trying to make it sink in. I think the only thing that will really make it real is when I am holding my sweet little guy in my arms and crying from the sheer joy of seeing him. I can't wait.

*Please don't pay attention to the cheesy expression...the purpose of this is to show the bulkiness of the baby belly. Focus on the belly.

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Love the belly shot, but to be honest I was so distracted by how good your bookshelf looks! Look how productive you are at 9 months prego!

Shawnel said...

It didn't sink in for me for a while. I remember thinking I can't believe I am only 26 and have 3 kids. This is crazy. You will probably be the same way. BTW I think that he will have a ton of hair too. Cant wait.

Robin Lamb said...

Love it! You look awesome... And to be honest, it still doesn't totally feel real, even a year later! But I'm reminded of how fantastic Carson is each day, so I know that you're gonna love it! Can't wait to hold your little guy, but we'd love to have you at the kiddos b-day party, so try not to pop before the 11th! ;)