6.14.2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears...

O my!

Way back in March J and I went to the aquarium and zoo with friends of ours for a birthday celebration (we didn't actually get to see the lion, and there were no bears). We had a ton of fun! The friends we went with are also pregnant and she is due about 2 weeks ahead of me so we have had a lot of fun going through the pregnancy experience for the first time together. Can't wait till we can both go back and bring our little boys! :)

We'll start with the aquatic animals:

Dun dun...dun dun...dun dun dun dun dun...

These guys swam in circles...all the time. Made me feel a lot better about my life.

Teeny tiny Seahorse

Can you spot the fish?

These guys looked pretty mean.

Moving on to the more interesting creatures:

This little guy grabbed on to J's finger and wouldn't let go! He was a wiry little fella.

Cute little Joey.


Lu petting the kangaroo...see the little one in her pouch? It was pretty cool because you could buy some food and feed them...but so many people had fed them, a lot of them wouldn't even come because they were too full!

Kickin' back

This shot is right before the front one kicked the back one. The zebras were one of my favorites!

Feeding the baby giraffe. That look of surprise on my face is because I had no idea giraffes tongues felt like cat tongues...rough like sandpaper.

Lu feeding the baby giraffe.

Isn't it cute? These were my other favorites.

Mama and baby :)

TONS of birds, and if you know me, you know I hate birds. This one wasn't any different.

Tigers

I called him Bagheera (don't know if I spelled that right...think "Jungle Book")

Lounging away. Little does he know...

that in a moment two trouble makers would come along...

and start teasing him with the zoo map. 10 seconds after these pictures were taken, a zoo employee came over and threatened to kick us out if she ever saw us doing that again. Come on lady! We were just trying to play with him! And I think he actually enjoyed it too...

No comments: