6.30.2010

Day 15--A Fanfic

No fanfics worth blogging about so...I am not writing about that.

I finished "Sweetness" and I love it. It's definitely one of my favorite books now. As mentioned in a previous post, I am not good at reviews...at all. I have a hard time really saying what I feel about books because I know other people may not think that when they read. So I will try and overcome that. That being said...

This book had one of the best main characters/narrators I've ever encountered in literature. Flavia de Luce is an 11-year-old girl with the wit and brains to keep you entertained the entire way through. From her fascination with chemistry (especially with poisons) to her quest to get sweet revenge on her two older sisters, Flavia never fails to delight. The plot, I feel, is propelled forward at just the right speed and the mystery is neither too complicated, nor too easy. I highly recommend this book and hope that you find it as enjoyable as I did.

I started reading another book yesterday (The Monsters of Templeton), but not far into the first chapter the author drops the f-bomb twice. How pointless. It really disappointed me because I had really high hopes for this book...and I still really want to finish it. The plot sounds enthralling, but, if the author feels the need to use that language in the book, then I don't need to read it. I hate how authors ruin perfectly good books like that.

Starting to pack up the house today. We found a house to buy in a neighborhood about 5-10 minutes away from our current house. I am so grateful to have found something that we can move into before the baby is born, especially something we can buy instead of rent. I am sad to leave my ward, but am looking at the bright side and knowing that they are all still only 5-10 minutes away. I detest packing and moving...strongly detest, but I just have to tell myself that the end result is worth it...and it totally is.

J and I went shopping yesterday. He was in need of shoes and a few clothing items. While we were out, I showed him a cute jean jacket and some onesies that I had seen earlier. He loved them too...so we bought them! I adore the jean jacket...SO cute. We got to the counter and I told J, "I'm shopping for my boys today." And I almost started to cry (yes...those emotions are running high and it feels like I'm a leaky faucet). I can't believe I'll have my son in my arms soon. I love him so much...I can't wait!

No comments: