11.09.2009

A New Adventure...

I've been really successful at this no sugar thing, and continue to be really successful I believe. I haven't cheated once. I haven't looked back. Yes, I've craved, drooled, and dreamed about sugar, but never questioned why I was doing this and never wished that I hadn't started it. With my success has come a down side. I have definitely felt an increase in energy, I feel a little healthier, etc. Quitting sugar was never about losing weight, but it was an upside I was looking forward to. I know I am not fat, but I am not at the healthiest weight I could be, and healthy is my goal. After over 2 months, I've not lost weight, but gained it. I've kept my portions in check and I've tried not to over-do it on the salty, fatty foods (and I think I've been fairly successful at this), I drink over 8 glasses of water ever day, and I exercise almost every day. This has been really frustrating to not accomplish this part of my goal.

I was talking to my Mom about my frustrations on Saturday, telling her everything that was going on with me (weight gain, along with other symptoms that I've been experiencing) and she validated me and then said, "We'll have to pray about it." My Mom was talking to a friend at church yesterday and her friend brought up a thing called Celiac Disease, which has to do with gluten intolerance. We googled it and a lot of my symptoms (including infertility) are the same. After Mom brought this up, I remember all the readings my mother-in-law has given me for essential oils, and one of the things that came up at least a couple of times was to not eat Gluten.


Now, I may not have this certain disease, but, if not eating gluten is a way to get rid of some of these symptoms, then I am going to give it a try. This could be the answer to several of my prayers and I am excited to try. Thanks to my quitting sugar, I know that I can get rid of gluten. I know I can do something hard if I just try, keep in mind why I am doing this, and pray, a lot. Definitely couldn't have given up sugar without relying heavily on my Heavenly Father.

So today is Day 1, and I've been successful thus far. I will continue to not eat sugar...I don't even want it anymore. I will probably be posting my successes daily until it gets easier, as I did with sugar. It helped to kind of be held accountable. If any of you have an good gluten-free recipes, I would greatly appreciate them!

2 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

I have tons and a gluten free cook book to boot. Go to glutenfreemama.com for more info

Jessica said...

Yay! Thanks Mom! I am so excited! :D