4.10.2009

The Motel...

My husband, my in-laws, and myself own a motel in Heber City, Utah. It's been quite an experience. I am grateful for the income it brings in, but it's a pain in the butt. We went there shortly after Christmas--early part of January--and decided to fix up a couple of rooms and do some other maintenance things with the buildings. We only had about 4 days--one of those days was planning/shopping, the next was painting, the next day, I got sick and left my mother-in-law to finish all of the painting (I felt so bad for her...I will never eat at that restaurant again...gross!), and the last day was finishing up the final touches. Here are some pictures of after...we don't have pictures of before, but you aren't missing out on anythinge except nicotine stains dripping down the walls, disgusting carpet, disgusting bathroom shots, and gross furniture.

The "Double" redone--the "Single" looks much like this--same paint color and same color bedding!
Me and Riley takin' a break outside on the way up there!

Right before heading to the restaurant... BLECH!!! *shivers*
(If you look closely you will see the oil-based primer stained onto my fingers and in my hair--we accidentally picked up the wrong kind! Oops!)

I am so glad my Mom and Dad #2 were there to help with it all! They were troopers...especially when I bailed for the day! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Samurai Mom said...

YAY! You blogged again. I had forgotten about all the fun we had at Christmas - esp the manger. LOL!
Please get rid of that fat picture of me - smudge me out or something. Love you!