4.28.2009

A Great Discovery...

It rained in Arizona the day before Easter...I WAS SO EXCITED! So J and I decided that the only logical thing to do would be to get on our rain clothes and slosh around in the mud puddles! We put the dogs on their leashes, I put my very adorable rain boots and jacket on and we headed out to find some big puddles (we reminded me of Roger and Anita on 101 Dalmatians...it was really cute).









I decided puddles in Arizona are a little sketchy. They are DARK and you don't know how deep they are, which is fun in any normal area, but not in Arizona--reason being, you never know if there will be some weird snake/lizard thing lurking in the water waiting to attack. Upon thinking that thought, I decided not to jump into anymore dark ones.

Whilst we were on our walk, I thought of this great gravel pit that my friend had showed me while her and I were on a walk. So I decided to show Jason this great discovery! He was stoked on it...I could see the steam exiting his ears as his hamster ran double-time. We decided it would be fun to go play in the mud and to enlist more people to join us. So we walked over to our friend's house and invited them to come play in the mud with us! We enlisted one (Mr. F) of the two, and their dog.

It was SO fun! The dogs LOVED it too--a huge open area to run around in and get dirty. There was a huge mud lake that some ducks were swimming on and Riley decided she wanted those ducks...so she jumped in. It was pretty funny watching her yip and chase those ducks. We eventually got her out and continued to explore. Mr. F's puppy got stuck in the mud--I felt bad for her because her knee is busted, and I imagine struggling to get out of mud would be pretty painful on a busted knee. We have plans to go back and possibly try sledding down the conveyor belt, etc.
Mud Lake where Riley chased the ducks
Riley after chasing the ducks
More views of the Pit...the road is where those trees at the right are...this pit is DEEP
J and Mr. F
Christmas Card picture anyone?? ; )
Me and my best friend
Awww...friends.

All in all it was a BLAST and we can't wait to go back. I am so glad I married someone who loves to do stuff like this! Sometimes I feel like I am a kid again and I am having a sleepover with my best friend that never ends.

2 comments:

Shawnel said...

Yay! Fun. I remember right after Big J and I were married and lived there and it monsooned! We went around our apartment and played in all the puddles. It was really fun!

grandmawhitehouse said...

You guys have so much fun.