7.07.2010

Days 21, 22, & 23--A Recipe, A Website, and a Youtube Video

Yes...I fell behind. Motivation is something I lack as of late...for anything really (not good when you have work to do and a house to pack up and move).

Today is the 3 year anniversary of the day that J proposed. We finally wrote down the story, with both of our points of view. I will post it later today...you do not want to miss that story. Basically...I married the most amazing man ever.

Kung Pao Chicken
*I found the original recipe online and tweaked it to how I like it. Hope you enjoy! (How could you not though, seriously.) Serves four.

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts-cubed
  • 2 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoon peanut oil
  • 4 cloves garlic-minced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 8 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 8 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 8 teaspoons sugar
  • thai chili peppers
Directions:
  1. Combine the chicken and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Toss to coat evenly. (To evenly coat with ease I put the chicken in a ziploc bag with the cornstarch and shake to my heart's content.)
  2. Heat peanut oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add chicken and stir fry 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a plate.
  3. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and ginger to pan. Stir fry for 15-20 seconds. Remove from the heat.
  4. Stir together vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl (This is the sauce portion). Pour over the garlic mixture. Add chicken. Add whole Thai chili peppers. Heat through until sauce glazes and sticks to the chicken. Serve over hot rice.
(I'd post a picture, but I don't have one, and none of the online pictures do it justice. You'll just have to see how it turns out yourself!)

The following website is where I go to make myself sick of junk food before I even eat any. You'll see why...

This is Why You're Fat


I should've visited this site more frequently in the last couple weeks because I gained a little too much weight over that duration due to my intake of glorious sugar. (I resolved yesterday to go off sugar again when I have this baby...don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to attempt it right now.)

And since I'm all about babies lately...here's a Youtube video for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: