7.04.2010

Day 19--A Talent of Yours


Well...most people don't know this, but...

I can give thumbs up with my big toe. I would take a picture, but my feet are a little dirty right now, so I will wait on that.

What most people do know is that my main talent lies in music. Heavenly Father blessed from the start with long fingers to play the instruments effectively and an ear to hear the music. I feel very blessed to be given this gift and I love to use it as much as I can.

My main instrument is piano and I also play violin. I dabble in guitar and I like to sing. But, the singing is usually when I am alone...I am really shy about singing.

Since I've been married I've taken up composing. I adore composing music. It's an amazing process and it's one that I'm still learning a lot about. I have started composing about 10 songs and have finished composing only 2. I have "writer's block" a lot and finding an ending is ridiculously hard. I have the music in my head but getting it to feel final and complete in itself is difficult to say the least.

The two pieces I composed were for my sister-in-law and my best friend. I wrote a piece for my sister-in-law titled "Danse de Kylene" and I haven't been able to record it because I don't know people who play the instruments that the piece requires.

My best friend had her first baby last year and as a gift I composed a lullaby for her daughter titled "Kaleigh's Lullaby." (My titles are not very original...I'm striving to be a composer, not an author, right?) I was very fortunate (with the help of some awesome friends) to be able to record it and give it to her at her baby shower. If you click the link at the bottom and click on the link on the page that pops up you can hear it!

I am currently working on my baby boy's lullaby. My goal is to write a song for each of my babies before they are born. It's proving to be a difficult task (that darn writer's block).

Kaleigh's Lullaby

1 comment:

Jenna and Curt said...

You are so talented! I am so blessed to have you as a best friend. That lullaby you wrote for KK is so beautiful, I love love love that you made that for her. She will have it forever, her very own song...not many people have that. You are wonderfully wonderful.