7.04.2010

Day 20--A Hobby of Yours

Dear Reader,

Hobbies.

When I was younger I actually used to write down every license plate number I ever saw. Walking, riding my bike, riding in the car...anywhere. I would write it down, until...an 80-something year old man saw me taking down his license plate number, gave me the what for, and told me I was some punk kid trying to steal his identity (I was probably about 7 or 8 years old...why would I want your decrepit identity, old man?). I gave up that hobby pretty quickly after that (remember I was a sensitive little thing).

I have been straining to remember a hobby I've had since then and, other than music (see last post), I can't think of any. I have activities I enjoy doing, but nothing to really make a hobby out of.

I'm not "crafty." I don't have vision when it comes to refinishing old furniture, or scrapbooking, or any kind of thing like that. I can sew a pair of pajama pants and managed to sew a couple of aprons, but that's about it in that department.

I read a lot. Is that a hobby? Somehow I feel it isn't because it's not a very productive one. All I do is lay on the couch and absorb another story into my sponge of a brain.

So, dear friends, I need your help. I am on the hunt for a new hobby. One that suits me. Any ideas? What hobby should I adopt?

If you could suggest anything at all, I would be much obliged.

Sincerely,
Hobby-less

No comments: