10.01.2009

My Gratitude List...

You know when you have one of those days where it just seems like nothing is going right and all the hope is sucked out? Today is that day for me. Things just are not going right, and I am letting my pessimistic attitude take over. We have a buyer on the motel, and he seems to be flaky now which means the sale may fall through, I have a test today that will determine my infertility status and how hard it will be to have kids and I am extremely pessimistic about the outcome, money is tighter than a dress that's 5 sizes too small, and as I say this, we are getting ready to go to Montana for a week which means less work for us and less money which we desperately need right now. It's days like this that I really try to reach for the things I am grateful for, so to pull me out of my slump, I am going to list the things I am grateful for to counterbalance what I am upset about right now.

1. I am grateful for a husband that loves and cares for me with all his heart. He is my everything.
2. I am grateful that my patriarchal blessing says I will have kids.
3. I am grateful for my in-laws and how generous, loving, and supportive they are. I could not have been blessed with better in-laws than them.
4. I am grateful for parents that taught me to have hope and to turn to my Heavenly Father and my Savior for comfort and peace.
5. I am grateful we even have a buyer to be flaky at this point.
6. I am grateful for the food storage we have, so if we do completely run out of money, we will be able to eat.
7. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me.
8. I am grateful for friends who uplift and support me, for the encouraging words they speak, and for the complete and total understanding they have for me.
9. I am grateful for the Atonement and grateful that I know that Christ suffered for me. That He felt everything I am feeling right now and that I know I can turn to Him.
10. I am grateful for a body that can move, run, walk, play, and work.
11. I am grateful to know that the Lord will never give me more than I can handle and he trusts me enough to give me trials to prove myself with.
12. I am grateful to know that my trials will make me stronger and that the Lord wants to bless me and wants what's best for me.

No comments: