10.17.2009

Hello Again...

We've had a busy couple of weeks filled with a trip to Montana, work, and a few different projects that have been a bit time consuming.

First, the trip to Montana. I do have pictures, but I realized I fail miserably when it comes to uploading pictures. Reason being, I have to upload pictures on J's computer and J is always on the computer! When he's not, he wants to do something with me which prevents me from taking time to download pictures. One of these days, I'm going to upload them all and then I will just do a massive picture post and see if you can all guess which pictures go with what posts. That could be a fun game...

Anyways, back to the trip to Montana. It was a blast! We got to see J's entire family (siblings and their children included), with some extended family (aunts and uncles) included which was an especially nice treat! We all looked absolutely beautiful due to the fact that Samurai Mom, J's older sister, made us girls the most adorable fascinators (and also due to the fact that we are all just plain gorgeous). O I am in love with my fascinator. The wedding was cold and short, but the bride was gorgeous, like always. For the reception, I was asked to put together a playlist for some background music. I think I did a good job with a nice mix of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Ellz Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong to name a few. We danced and laughed and visited and just had a great time. Afterwards, all of the siblings went to Finnigan's and hung out and just laughed. That was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. Samurai Mom and I looked the most lovely as we were the only ones left in our wedding garb. We liked to think of ourselves as a little ironic going to eat at a dive like Finnigan's in our fancy attire.

Sunday was general conference (more on that in a later post) and then a family dinner at J's parent's house. The newlyweds, Brad and Sara (J's youngest sister) came over to open all their gifts! I was brought back to about 2 years ago when J and I were doing the same thing. Wedding present opening is like your own personal Christmas. The night ended with some great girl talk and the girls of the family planning the next wedding. :)

Monday morning, J and I got up at 4 to go hunting. I had never been hunting...besides grouse hunting, which doesn't really count because you don't really hike for that. They are just in the middle of the road most of the time. Anyways, my Dad took us to "Notellum" creek (he didn't want us to tell anyone where it was on account of sighting some big bulls out there) to elk hunt. We didn't see anything and we didn't get anything and honestly, I was grateful. I would've cried had I seen Dad shoot anything and see it struggle for its last breath, and I did not want to hike up and down the mountain 5 different times packing a ginormous elk out! Overall it was fun and it was GREAT to be outside and in the cold (it was freezing in the morning). It was fun to see my Dad so excited about hunting. His excitement was positively contagious and I couldn't help but get into the whole feel of it while hunting with Dad. After we got back from hunting, we went and hung out with Weeky and her kids (Samurai Mom and Jmo left that day) at Ma & Pop Moss' house. I took a much needed nap (I was SO tired) and then Weeky went and got us some dinner and a movie and we just hung out all night. Weeky and Mama Moss left the next morning so we went over and had breakfast with them and got to talk to them a little more before they left. We went to the cabin later that day with my parents, my grandma, Nate-O, and Dani. We shot guns, played games, took the 6-wheeler out for a ride, and just talked and laughed. It was a great day at the cabin. The fall colors were beautiful on the way up and we forgot our camera. But it was one of those times that everything felt right. Nothing could ever be wrong and the world was at peace and life was perfect. It was one of those days where I just soaked up all of my surroundings and the images of the beauty up there are forever etched in my memory, waiting to be recalled when needed.

Wednesday, we worked. And worked. And worked. All the day long was filled with work, but the way I see it is I can trade 1 day of work for 6 days of vacation. So it was good. It was also kind of nice to just sit around and not be rushing everywhere all the time. And a Mythbusters marathon was playing the entire time so I learned a lot of things while typing my appraisals.

Thursday was mom and me day. J worked in the morning, and then went and hung out with his dad and brother. Mom teaches seminary so I went to her class with her, then we went to breakfast with Grandpa Jerry, then we went to Border's to look around, had lunch with Grandma Char and got to visit with her and Uncle Bret a little bit, window shopped at Target (saw the most adorable little baby clothes!!!), got some treats (sugar free of course), went back to the house and just hung out a little bit. We then had dinner and Uncle Bret came over and we got to hang out with him a little more. That night, we went to the newlywed's house and played a game with them and Nate-O and while we were there, it started snowing...a lot! After we were done, I went over to my friend's house to visit with her awhile and it was blizzarding by the time I got over there. I was at her house for a little over 2 hours and when I left there was a good 4 inches of snow on my mom's car! I LOVED it. I think it snowed just for me.

Friday we packed and went and visited my great grandpa (I have the most adorable great grandfather in the world and I dare anyone to defy me on that), then we visited with Pop Moss, and then we left. It was hard to leave, but visiting kind of refreshed me and gave me more memories to live on while I am away. I loved seeing all of our family. I loved hanging out with my sisters and moms and my brothers and dads. I loved seeing my grandpas and grandmas and aunts and uncles and it just felt right. It felt complete and made me so grateful that I have such wonderful families. I especially enjoyed hanging out with Nate-O. Last time we were there he was really busy with work and everything and this time we got to hang out a little bit more. I love my brother.

I know this is forever long, and I'm sorry, but I've been treating this more like a journal lately and I've got a lot to write about!

*Sugar update: I haven't had sugar since 9.8.09 and I survived the Montana trip. In celebration, my sugar-free buddy made me a purse (adorable!) and some way cute earrings. Her and her sister also made me a delicious no sugar (probably more fat than I should eat) treat in celebration of my victory (they are the best)! I feel awesome. This week my sugar-free buddy, her sister, and I have been running at 6 every morning followed my a yoga session in the park. I feel amazing.

Since this post is reaching novel-length, I will post more in a different post. I still have so much more to post about!

Upcoming posts: Why haven't I seen Anne of Green Gables until this week, delicious sugar-free pumpkin pie, flower hair clips, Relief Society enrichment project, getting in touch with my creative side, upcoming Thanksgiving excitement, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, general conference, etc.

3 comments:

Samurai Mom said...

I got an update!!!! I am looking forward to the Anne of Green gables post. Don't leave me hanging!

Eva said...

Can I join in on the yoga in the park? I've been planning to start myself since my kids are sufficiently distracted by the park to let me practice warrior 2 without anyone trying to swing from my extended arm.

Jessica said...

Yay for updates! I am glad it's finally working Kylene! And Anne is coming up shortly, don't you worry. :)

Eva, I would love for you to join us! We are doing a "28-day" yoga program and because Krystal went out of town we have to start over again so it's perfect! You are more than welcome to do that program with us or you can do your own thing. Whichever works for you. We are starting again next Monday when Krystal gets back in town.