11.16.2010

My Favorite Room in the House...

The amazing camo coat that my parents got him and the cutest little butt-flap pj's I've ever seen that my in-laws got him.  He's pretty much got the coolest grandparents ever.

The Moose that my mother in law painted.  Absolutely my favorite painting ever...and it fits so wonderfully in here!
The fishing creel that so conveniently holds my pump (two thumbs way, way up).

I cannot tell you how awesome it is to nurse in this thing.  I feel like I am sitting on a cloud.  This is my second favorite part about the nursery.

Those are Jason's cowboy boots and my Coon Skin Cap from when we were both wee ones.
The changing table (looks like I need to empty the trash...)
The catch of the day ;)  And now...the moment you've all been waiting for...
THE CRIB!!!
Why, yes!  Those are shotgun shell Christmas lights.  (Pretty sure I flipped my lid when I saw these...how AWESOME!!!)

The mobile I made.  They are attached to that fishing pole in the upper right hand corner.

My favorite part of the crib.  I LOVE the knots and imperfections he left in.  I think it gives it so much more character.

J made everything.  This was all just a pile of wood before he started.  It took him about 10 months, but a lot less in reality because he didn't work on it for 10 months straight.  He differed from the plans he had in that he made the spindles himself, and he put that front panel on there.  I am seriously amazed at how beautiful it turned out.  My husband has some MAD skills.

A view from the inside.  My mom and I made that sheet.  I am still planning on making some kind of canopy thing and I still have two other sheets to finish sewing.  I wanted them plaid because they are like the material on the inside of a sleeping bag.
The full finished crib.  Still...just, wow.
The nursery (this was before the camo coat).

The end.






2 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

That crib is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I absolutely love it. I didn't know your husband was so talented. Just amazing. Love love love it!

Nikki Nelson said...

I love the crib, he did an amazing job!! SO beautiful, and i love the shot gun shells, where did you find those!!!