11.23.2008

The Invasion of the Little Black Bugs Otherwise Known As...

TICKS.

My house is infested with engorged ticks at the present time. Anyone want to guess what engorged is referring to? Well I will tell you...it means they're full of blood. They've already had their Thanksgiving feast and are just chillin' in their food coma which means that technically they're not supposed to be a problem as far as biting goes (thank goodness), but they are horribly annoying, pesky things that keep crawling up my wall and filling my head with thoughts of ticks all over my body causing me to itch and inspect myself, my husband, and my dogs, over and over again. The past two nights, my husband and I have shared a twin bed (wow...I am SO grateful for my bed) because they made their first appearance in our bedroom...on our bed. So I lysol-ed that sucker and now our room is clean. But alas, the pesky little buggers followed us into the guest room that was going to be S & J's room when they came to visit.

Luckily, my hubba bubba has connections. His cousin actually runs a pest control company and so we'll be able to take care of the problem quick. They are coming at 7 in the morning tomorrow to get rid of them. We already checked our dogs and "Frontline-d" them so we should be good to go by tomorrow evening!

Thanks to a friend of mine, I learned that to kill ticks you put them in rubbing alcohol and then flush them down the toilet. I have found that I am a very vindictive person. Those little guys don't stand a chance anymore.
I was put in a really bad mood because of all this, but we went to sacrament today and the talks were on Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk "Come What May, and Love It." Wow...hahaha...so now my attitude is, "Now I know what to do if I am ever invaded by these alien-ish creatures again, and at least I have a house to be infested with ticks and a husband with constant vigilance to take care of the problem."

No comments: