11.05.2008

The day after...

So I was in the depths of despair last night. Overcome with grief for this country that I love so dearly and the people who chose the instrument of its demise. Thankfully, we received the Conference edition of the Ensign last night and I decided to read it to try and console me. I love the leaders of this church. They said exactly what I needed to hear. As I was reading, I got 3 main impressions:

1. "Fear not little flock," it's in the Lord's hands and all will work out the way it's supposed to. It may be hard, but it will make us stronger, and no matter what, we have the Savior always.

2. Enjoy the journey! Learn to laugh in the midst of trials and appreciate this life for all it has because it's short, and when it's done, you'll want to look back and say, "Man, that was hard! But I did it, I did it with a smile, and to tell you the truth, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

3. Missionary work is one of our greatest callings. We need to share the Gospel with our Brothers and Sisters. We need to share that inner peace that comes when we rely solely on the Lord and his counsel. We need to build up the Kingdom of God and do so by missionary work, and by service.

I love this Gospel. I am glad that in these troubled times, and the much more troubled times to come that I have an anchor to keep me grounded. I have a shelter to protect me from the storm. I love my Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me to my very core. I love my Savior. I cannot express in words the deep gratitude I feel for His sacrifice for me. I know the power of the Priesthood is real and has blessed my life in countless ways. I am grateful for my trials. They make me stronger and they draw me closer to my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, that he leads us the way our Heavenly Father has directed him to lead us. He is the mouthpiece of the Lord. I am grateful for his diligence and his love for me and for all. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know it to be true. I know Joseph Smith was key in restoring the only true gospel on the Earth today and I love him for that, and for the sacrifices he made and the trials he went through. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: