10.18.2008

Zzzzzzz...

Previous to typing this I think I stared at the screen for about 5 minutes...just staring. I am tired. Sabra would not sleep. She was up pacing and barking all night long and I understand it was an exciting day with moving into a new house and all, but don't dogs sleep anymore, or are my other two dogs weird in their sleeping habits? J had to get up early and was getting very frustrated with her so like a good wife I took her downstairs and slept on the couch. Actually, I just layed there all night and would stand up, and lay down, and stand up, and lay down, and...you get the idea. Probably the most exercise I got in awhile! Hopefully she has gotten some of her excitement out today because if we go through that again I might have "Dead Puppies" on my hands. That's a horrible song. Anyways...

Here is Sabra sleeping (not at night and I am planning on waking her up in about 5 minutes so she sleeps tonight). Isn't she pretty?? Yes...that is a diaper on her. Little did we know, the day we decide to pick her up, our friend tells us she has been in heat for the past week so we bought doggy diapers because when Riley was in heat, we used washcloths and hair ties for homemade diapers and that was not a good idea. I had no idea they made doggy diapers (complete with a tail hole) so this was pretty interesting news to me.


This is Riley looking REALLY annoyed at me because the flash woke her up, but I would hope by now she knows I don't care. She gets to sleep whenever she wants and I (being tired right now) do not have sympathy for dogs who are woken up when they get to sleep whenever they want.


Reagan is camera shy. I had to search the house to find her, but here she is--chillin' on her bed. Reagan is a little anti-social most of the time.

So even in my near comatose state, I am extremely excited for Halloween. I LOVE dressing up so naturally Halloween is a pretty fun Holiday! What is everyone dressing up as? Any good ideas for couples costumes? I know it may be cheesy, but last year, much to my dismay, we didn't dress up at all so I am going to the extreme and we are going to be in a couples costume. Haha. We don't even really know what we are going to do. I thought to myself, maybe this is a good time to practice some "hostess with the most-ess" skills and host a Halloween party, but that's still an iffy idea. Time is running out though and I am seriously starting to worry. I also want to decorate my house because this is the first time since I've been married I have a house to decorate! I need to landscape before I can decorate outside though so that's kind of acting as a deterrent right now. Maybe I could leave my yard without landscaping and that would be scary enough for Halloween. Unfortunately, I didn't want to go for the scary look. I am not a person who likes to be scared or handles people scaring me at all. Haunted houses this holiday? NO WAY! Not unless you drag me through and I guarantee I will be kicking and screaming the whole way. I did that once for a date and I had nightmares for about 2 weeks after! I can only imagine there are others like me out there who are constantly forced to encounter scary things by people who they originally trusted--that can be very damaging. So instead of decorating scary-ish, I wanted to decorate in a cute way because then everyone will want to come and no scaredy cat will have to be forced to go to another scary house. I think it's time to pull out the pumpkin carving knives...

2 comments:

Samurai Mom said...

Poor Reagan, she is too old for those young pups!

Check out http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2007/09/halloween-ready.html

also Martha Stewart always has easy and classy halloween decorations.

Shawnel said...

He HE! Sabra sounds like a new born. Now when you guys have one of your own you'll be ready!