10.16.2008

Trying Something New..

I never know exactly what to say in these things, but I'm hoping, with practice of course, I'll be able to be a good "blogger" like the rest of my family. I married in to an EXTREMELY creative family and unfortunately, I missed out on that gene.
Right now my husband and I live in a sauna (AKA the desert) and I am having a hard time adjusting. I love the cold. Every year I look forward to pulling out the sweaters, jackets, and winter coats with the anticipation of seeing my breath every time I walk oustide. I love nights when the sky is still a little bit light outside, even though it's one in the morning, and the street lights are shining their light on the most perfect of soft snow falls. It's quiet and the snow glistens in the moonlight. I love running under the big, fat, fluffy snowflakes and catching them on my tongue. Sounds childish to some people, but to me it's one of the simple joys in life.


It's now October, and instead of walking out to the first snowfall of the season like I'm used to, I walk outside to a 91 degree afternoon (and mind you, this is when it's cooled off) and immediately feel the need to shower again. I am shuffled from my air conditioned house, to my air conditioned car, to the air conditioned store, and then repeat that cycle in reverse. Many people would give me one of those eye brow raises with a look that says, "Dang girl! You are CRAZY! That 91 degrees sounds perfect!" But for those of you who LOVE fall and winter, you'll know what I mean.

I am slowly getting used to this wasteland, and I am able to remain sane because I know it's not a permanent situation. Luckily for me, I married a person who feels exactly the same way I do about Montana.
Jason and I have been married for a little over a year! That's still a little strange to say sometimes because I still haven't gotten used to thinking of myself as married. Sometimes, marriage just feels like a giant sleepover with my best friend! We'll be out doing something and I'll look at him and say, "Hey! We're married!" and he will usually reply, "I know...weird." Hahaha! It's a good weird, but it's still weird. I love it though. Marriage is awesome, but I know my experience is awesome because of who I married. He truly is my best friend and I am so lucky to have him in my life.
Well, I've written a lot and I can already tell this blogging deal is going to be quite addicting, so I think I'm going to cut myself off for the day. Good night all!

No comments: