10.17.2008

New dog...way too much estrogen in this house

Today we went to our friends house and picked up another dog to share our house with. Her name is Sabra and she is a mutt, so I'm not exactly sure what kind of dog she has in her, but I am almost positive she has some German Shepherd in her. She is a BEAUTIFUL dog with a very sweet temperment but still needs some obedience training. Tonight has been somewhat of a long night with introducing her to our other dogs, Reagan and Riley, but overall it has been a success. We are crazy...3 dogs, all females. Poor J...outnumbered again by females (and he thought moving out of his parents house would help--haha)! Sabra and Riley used to play together when they were younger. It reminded me of my best friend and me and how we would play and then when it was time to go we would be sad. It made me cry when we left Arizona after our trip down here before moving here because I could tell they were sad they weren't going to get to play anymore and I had to be the one to separate them! But no tears now because they are happy...but there will probably be tears later when I get frustrated with all of them. Haha. I will put up pictures later.


My husband is still working and it's a quarter to 10. I am so grateful for him and how hard he works for us. He is amazing to me. Somedays I get really upset that he is still working when it's late and I turn in to a nag, but I am trying really hard to remember that he is doing this because he loves me and he is working hard to provide a great life for me. What did I do to be so blessed with him? That's what I want to know...then maybe if I knew I could do it again and be blessed so great again!


I decided I need to grow up and try decorating my house. As previously mentioned, I was not fortunate enough to be blessed with the "artsy farsty" gene; therefore, it's something I need to work to improve upon. But here's the catch--decorating generally takes money, right? So here's my question to everyone and anyone who reads this blog: Does anyone have any fun, cheap, and cute decorating ideas for my house? Any and all ideas would be appreciated because I don't even know what kind of theme I want to do or anything. Heads up--I currently do not own a sewing machine so any ideas minus the use of one of these contraptions would be appreciated! I have recently felt I needed to fulfill my role has a housewife and the only way I know how to fulfill it is by cleaning and cooking/baking. I am cleaning tomorrow and I can't keep baking stuff because the pounds are just jumping on every time I even think about baking any more cookies, muffins, or cakes. O to have a fast metabolism...




1 comment:

Samurai Mom said...

freecycle