9.01.2011

Heat Stroke Prevention...

This ugly, unassuming piece of equipment has been my dearest worldly possession as of late:

J and I figured out that Phoenix has had 81 consecutive days of heat over 100 degrees Fahrenheit with the exception of one day which topped out at 98 degrees.  After driving home from a friend's house the other day, I realized that I can't take anymore trips out in the heat that take over 15 minutes until it cools off some (what feels like right around the end of never).  I pulled Jake out of his car seat, red cheeked and completely soaked with sweat.  I felt awful.  I just can't do that to him anymore.  We went swimming the other day with Jake and had a blast.  The first time we've been swimming all summer.  It was magical.  I even wore my new bathing suit:
Thank you ModCloth. 

No comments: