10.07.2010

Two Weeks...

Well now it's over two weeks, but I will give you the two week update.

We went and visited the pediatrician on Tuesday to get the update on Jake and make sure everything was kosher.  (LOVE the practice we go to!  So excited about that.) 

The Good News:  Jake weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and now measures 20 3/4" long.  His head is now 14 instead of 13 1/2 and he has excellent ear drums (good to know, I guess).  While they were weighing him, he totally peed and pooped all over the scale.  It was great--saved me a diaper!  Jake still sleeps through most of the night.  Occasionally he will wake up once in the night, but most of the time, he's out.  During the day, he is much more alert.  It's so fun to see him look around at everything and soak it all in.  I love it when he looks at me and smiles.  I especially love it when I get him from J and he looks at me and smiles like, "There you are!  I've missed you!"  It makes my day.

The Not-so-good News:  Jake has thrush.  And Jake gave me thrush too.  All I have to say is...ouch.  It doesn't seem to be hurting Jake so that is great, but nursing since I've gotten it has been very hard.  Last night was so hard I cried all the way through nursing him every time.  I had J give me a blessing and today, it still hurts, but it's been bearable.  Love the tender mercies of the Lord. 

Overall, Jake is an extremely healthy baby and I am so grateful for that.  He is amazing.  Although I know he is still small, he is so big to me!  This time feels like it's going way too fast, and I know it will only continue to go faster.

Jake has another best bud that's been brought into the world.  Jason's best friend had a baby 6 days after Jake was born.  We brought Jake over so they could meet and it was so fun!  I can't wait till they are old enough to really play together...we will be in for quite the ride I am sure!  (OK...so I can wait...I still don't want him to grow up.) 

Yesterday, my friend who took my maternity pictures took newborn shots of Jake.  Here are a few to tie you over until I get the rest of them! 



3 comments:

Shawnel said...

EEEEE! He is so fun! I am so sad not to be there. So cute. His baby pics are cute too. I took some for a friend a while ago and I couldn't get even one shot of her asleep. Kept waking up every time she was set down. Those are cute.

Clayton and Niki said...

OK, so this is WIERD!!! That very last picture. I'm guessing that little outfit says, "Current Family Favorite" right? Van has that, and we have the exact same car seat...color and everything. When I first glanced at that picture for a split second I thought, "Why in the world does she have a picture of Van on her blog?" haha. Great minds think alike I guess. :) He's adorable.

Jessica said...

Shawnel...when are you coming? And does Jeremy get to come to or is it just you and the kids?

Haha Niki that's hilarious! Yeah...my aunt and uncle got him the "Current family favorite" outfit. I love it haha. And yes...we just have good taste I guess. ;)