10.21.2010

The Cuteness That is Jake...









J said I shouldn't add so many pictures that look the same.  He said people might get bored. Really??  How could anyone get bored looking at this face?!  I guess I am a little biased, but for real. (I have about 20 pictures that look almost just like this.)

Happy one month birthday, Jake!  One month ago you came into my life and you've made me the happiest woman in the world. 

We weighed him a few nights ago and he was weighing in at 9 lbs even!  He fits into most all his 0-3 month clothes now and his newborn clothes are really snug.  He loves to stare at the fan.  Don't know what it is, but even if it's not on, he loves to look at it.  He likes playing "This Little Piggy" with his toes.  And...he loves me.  He smiles at me all the time now...I can't get enough of it! :D

I am recovering great.  I feel awesome...I have tons of energy most of the time and my tears seems to finally be feeling better.  I have been getting really antsy and wanting to get out and do stuff and just get off the couch.  Luckily, it has cooled off a bit so Jake and I have been able to go on some walks.  I am excited to get back into some kind of exercise routine.  That first week after he was born was awesome.  I dropped 21 lbs like that.  It was the best feeling ever...and then I plateaued and still have 20 lbs of baby weight to lose and about 30 lbs after that to get to my goal weight.  Once I am cleared by my midwife, I am going to be doing some serious exercising.  I am putting most of my focus on the exercise part because eating healthy is so hard for me right now!  Hopefully that will come once I start working out again...I am always motivated to eat healthier when a work out kicks my trash.

My sister-in-law is coming to visit in a week, my parents are coming to visit in 10 days, and my in-laws and another one of my sister-in-laws and her family are coming to visit in two weeks!  We are so looking forward to all of them getting to meet Jake and can't wait for them to get here.  However, visitors be warned.  After so many visitors and so many people wanting to hold him, I may get baby greedy and steal him for myself for extended periods of time.  I am apologizing in advance.  I will do my best, but after waiting this long for my little man, it's hard to not hold him all the time! 

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

So happy to hear your family is coming to share in all the joy! He is a darling little man. Who does he look more like??

And don't worry, the weight should keep coming off if you are nursing. With my first two I lost all my baby weight and then some within about 6 months post-pardum (and I didn't exercise or diet at all). Nursing is God's gift to women to help them recover!! :)

Robin Lamb said...

Haha, he is cute. So happy that ya'll are doing well and enjoying the new addition! And Kristin is right, nursing will help you continue to lose weight, it will come off more slowly then the initial loss, but it'll drop off sooner then you'd think!

Kim said...

Hi Baby!!! You are so right how could anyone get tired of looking at that face!!!! OMH! He is so precious! You and Jason did great to say the least!
We are so happy and excited to see you all! 7 days!!!

Kira Thunell said...

You can't get sick of looking at him -- he's sooo cute!! I'm glad you are feeling better. And I totally understand the whole wanting to hold him all day ... I do it to! :)