5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom--the best Mom ever.


She is my best friend. I can tell her anything and know that she won't judge or look down on me for it. She is the best listener, and always knows just the right things to say, and exactly when to say them.

We love to go to the movies together! That is one of her favorite things to do, and I love going with her.
She is an avid reader! She is always reading something and it's not just easy reads. She loves to challenge her mind and learn something new all the time! I remember reading books after she would read them and there would be writing all up and down the margins--thoughts, definitions, etc.


She loves to swim. She just got back from visiting me and the whole time she was here, all she wanted to do was swim and get a tan. My mom has the most gorgeous olive skin. Pretty much flawless with the perfect color. She is so beautiful.

She is a genuinely fun person! She is the one who taught me how to toilet paper (I started participating in this activity when I was 3), she taught me how to skinny dip (now I chunky dunk, but it's the same concept), and she taught me how to do Chinese Fire Drills. She has a huge zest for life and always tries her hardest to be her best. The following picture is of her and my brother engaged in a snowball fight the last time we visited them in Montana. She use to play softball so she has a wicked arm.


She is also totally in love with my Dad, which I love. I never remember a time that I questioned their total devotion to each other. They went on their first date when Mom was 13 and Dad was 14 and after a few ups and downs they got married 6 years later and never looked back. They are such a great example to me of what marriage should be.

There is so much more I could write about my Mom. She is basically one of the most amazing people I know and I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent me to her. I love you, Mom! Wish I could be there with you today, but know that you are loved from far, far away!

No comments: