12.29.2009

Laundry: The Bane of My Existence

When asked what my least favorite chore is, I always respond laundry. I would gladly scrub toilets over doing laundry. Because it's my least favorite, I usually let the pile build, and build, and build...to the point where we run out of clothing to wear, especially underwear. I am horrible, but here is my reasoning:

Toilets, you can scrub and if you become quite proficient at it, you can get it done in no time. And then it's done--until the next time it will take you 10 minutes to clean it (if that--I'm being fairly generous with my time on that one). Laundry takes FOREVER. You sort it (if it isn't already, which is a likely event in my home), you put one load in (after sorting, I usually have about 5-6 loads), wait a little over a half hour, put it in the dryer, wait some more, then fold/hang it and put it away. Then, when you are done with it all, you realize that you can never, ever get it done because that very same night, there will be 4+ pieces of dirty laundry waiting for you again. It truly is a sick cycle.

I hate it now. I can't imagine how much I'm going to hate it when I have children. O boy.

In case you haven't guessed, this is what my job is today. Ugh.

7 comments:

Melissa M. said...

You just reminded me that I have laundry to do...thanks for getting me motivated, now I know it will only take FOREVER!

Kirstin said...

My sentiments exactly. :) The only way I can actually stay on top of laundry is to force myself to do it weekly. If I do it weekly then I only have, say 4 loads. Then I say to myself, "I can do 4 loads. I can do 4 loads." Then I reward myself generously between loads by doing something I love such as reading or painting. That system works... most of the time. :)

Jessica said...

Melissa-Sorry to remind you :( I truly believe hell is a never ending pile of laundry that you have to do for eternity...with a lot of heat and burning.

Kirstin-That sounds like an EXCELLENT idea...love rewarding myself! Haha

Kim said...

Hi Baby Doll! I am just so grateful I don't have to walk down to the creek and scrub them clean on a washboard!!!;D I love my washer and dryer!!!

Jessica said...

At least we would get to take in a little nature while we are down there ;) Just kidding, Mom. You are so right. Way to remind me to be grateful! :)

Krystal said...

So...I finally updated my blog and I think it is time for you to update yours:)

Ok-like I have any room to talk!

kanishk said...

..thanks for getting me motivated,
home jobs without registration