12.21.2009

After Church Conversation...

This is how our conversation went in the truck after church:

Jess: "How was your class today?"
J: "O good. We ran out of lessons though so next week I have to come up with my own."
Jess: "What're you going to do it on?"
J: "I don't know... (long silence)... So I might have maybe started a rumor that your pregnant."
Jess: "What??!! What did you say?!"
J: "Well I was talking to Brother Noel because I know he has woodworking tools and I asked him if I could borrow them because I wanted to make a crib. Then he said, 'I hadn't heard anything about you guys needing one...' and then I said, "Well...we don't really need one now, but maybe soon."
Jess: "So you didn't tell him that I'm not pregnant...?"
J: "Well, in my head I thought I did, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure I said those words like I thought."
Jess: (Insert laughing here) "Awesome. Now if he does think I am pregnant and passes it on, then next week I will probably have about 10 people ask me if I am pregnant and I'll have to say no and then they will feel bad and I will feel bad because they feel bad."

So, if anyone hears that I am pregnant, I am not, and if you end up asking me before you read this, don't feel bad...I won't assume it's because you think I am fat.

J and I like to go look at model homes and get ideas for our dream house...it's something fun we like to do together. One time, while we were perusing said model homes, we happened upon this:

a round crib.

We loved it! Correction: we love it, and when we have children, we want a round crib...and J decided that he wants to make it (not exactly like this one...ours will be cuter with cuter bedding). I am stoked about this. For one, it's homemade with love for our baby. For two, it's cheaper! You can't go wrong.

That is the crib-making he was referring to, and seeing how it'll probably take him longer than 9 months, he thought he would get started on it now.

Well, this is the final week of Christmas. Christmas kind of snuck up on me, and with us not going home for Christmas, as well as there being no snow, it just didn't feel like Christmas. But this has been a good experience. I've been thinking about it, and because Christmas is a time for family and togetherness, what better way to spend it than with my eternal companion? It's also got me thinking about why we celebrate Christmas--it's not for the presents, or the tree, or anything else but Christ and His birth. He is our Savior, our Redeemer. He suffered for our sins and made the ultimate sacrifice so we could have a way to return to our real home. I am grateful for that knowledge and I am grateful for this time of year to reflect on that.

I hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season.

With Love,
Jessica

3 comments:

Melissa M. said...

I like that rumor, perhaps sending it out there will make it come true.
That crib is beautiful, looks like it would be really tricky to build.

Samurai Mom said...

oh man, I thought you were going to give us and AWESOME surprise for Christmas. :(

grandmawhitehouse said...

That's so funny. At least he told you so you didn't have to find out about it when someone asked you and then you would have had to track it to the source.