4.26.2011

A Plea for Help...

I have hit frump city.  Slump town.  Whatever you wanna call it.  I may as well be the mayor of both places. Every morning I wake up, look at the clothes in my closet, and decide to wear yesterday's make up, a messy bun, and sweatpants (I rarely bother with shirts anymore).  Working at home, this doesn't pose a problem for the outside world (poor J has to deal with it though).  But I can't help but feel like I am 50 lbs. heavier and 20 years older than I actually am.  So...I need help.

I am in need of a bit of a make over.  I am planning on doing some shopping to revamp my wardrobe a bit (namely getting attractive pieces that fit my post-pregnancy body that I am coming to love).  I also need some hair idea.  I do not want to take off length, but I need styling ideas or other such things.

Help?  Please.  You are my (actually mine and J's) last hope.

7 comments:

Shawnel said...

me too! BTW I really like the jacket in this picture! wish I had it.

Samurai Mom said...

Go to CardiganEmpire.com and figure out your body type http://www.cardiganempire.com/2008/12/first-we-need-to-measure.htm
(left column pretty pictures of fruit) and then click on the tags for that body type to get some ideas on what to wear and what not to wear. Also JEWELRY - a necklace can really spice up jeans and a t-shirt.

Jessica said...

I also LOVE this jacket and am very jealous of it. Trying not to covet...trying really, really hard.

And Kylene, done. I have been reading Cardigan Empire forever (I am a pear...) and I still struggle. I am just not good at putting outfits together. It's so hard to know what looks good and what doesn't. I am working on the jewelery...

Momma Dianna said...

For your hair...which is still pretty long right? Get a curling wand! I was starting to hate my long hair because it was boring and just hanging there. I saw a commercial for this curling wand thing and I went to Target and bought one (a Remington, it's pink and black) for $25 to try it out. I love it! I get my hair done in 5-7 mins, perfect with a baby and the curl stays in all day! It gives you those great beachy curls everyone has too! Best $25 I have spent on my hair in a long time besides the coloring it every few months. I have had friends go buy them at my recommendation and they love it too. Try it!

Krystal said...

Jess, I love you and I think you are beautiful!! :)

Clayton and Niki said...

Oh Jess. I am so in your boat. We could be captain and first mate. NONE of my clothes fit me and I have seriously considered trying the bald look lately. Poor Clayton. One thing I decided to do was break down and get a gym membership (for the first time in my life) because I need it...(for the first time in my life.) LA Fitness is going to be my new best friend...5 times a week.

I just try and remember that the reason I look and feel the way I do is that little bug-a-boo babbling away in the next room while he's trying to fall asleep, and it makes me feel better.

And by the way, you're still beautiful (whether you feel it or not.) Miss you!

Lisa Rupp said...

Hey!! I just found your blog! :)